1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird template behaviour

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by riktad, Jun 25, 2007.

1. riktad

riktad Guest

I'm using Plesk 8.0.1, and I'm getting really confused setting up accounts on this machine. What I'm trying to do is create a couple of clients, assing a bunch of domains to them according to the hosting solutions they have (say two domains, one having a skeleton hosting of 25mb/no scripting and the other a 100mb account with databases and scripting).

I have two templates; a client template and a domain template. The client template has limits (disk quota, bandwidth etc), and so does the domain template.

Client template:
    [​IMG]

Domain template:
    [​IMG]

At first, I did the following:

1. New client (the new client gets the client template above)
    2. When created, check "Limits" for client. Everything looks good.
    3. Add a domain (using no template).

Check the domains limits:
    [​IMG]

Uhm, so, plesk decides to split the total limits (from the client template) and assign half to the newly created domain, I guess. Well, that wasn't exactly what I wanted to do.

So, how about we do a client with unlimited checked for everything, and assign limits to each domain according to the domain template? This way, I can pool several domains+hosting under one client, great!

1. Add client template with all the limits set to "unlimited"
    2. Add a client using that template
    3. Add domain, using the above domain template (100mb disk quota).

I get this error:

Code:
    Unable to accept the template: the following limitations are exceeded.

Description  	  	Requested  	Allowed
    Hard disk quota  	104857600  	not supported

So, what am I doing wrong here?