• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Weird template behaviour

R

riktad

I'm using Plesk 8.0.1, and I'm getting really confused setting up accounts on this machine. What I'm trying to do is create a couple of clients, assing a bunch of domains to them according to the hosting solutions they have (say two domains, one having a skeleton hosting of 25mb/no scripting and the other a 100mb account with databases and scripting).

I have two templates; a client template and a domain template. The client template has limits (disk quota, bandwidth etc), and so does the domain template.

Client template:
client_template.png

Domain template:
domain_template.png

At first, I did the following:

1. New client (the new client gets the client template above)
2. When created, check "Limits" for client. Everything looks good.
3. Add a domain (using no template).

Check the domains limits:
limits.png

Uhm, so, plesk decides to split the total limits (from the client template) and assign half to the newly created domain, I guess. Well, that wasn't exactly what I wanted to do.

So, how about we do a client with unlimited checked for everything, and assign limits to each domain according to the domain template? This way, I can pool several domains+hosting under one client, great!

1. Add client template with all the limits set to "unlimited"
2. Add a client using that template
3. Add domain, using the above domain template (100mb disk quota).

I get this error:

Code:
Unable to accept the template: the following limitations are exceeded.

Description  	  	Requested  	Allowed
Hard disk quota  	104857600  	not supported

So, what am I doing wrong here?

Back