1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What does Plesk 7.5.2 "officially" support?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by maddunr, Apr 13, 2005.

1. maddunr

maddunr Guest

Hi,

I am writing this after many attempts to get an honest answer out of SW-SOFT. I have been dealing with both sales people and technical people and have been getting conflicting reports from either party. Of course, I am more inclined to believe the tech support staff ( :) ), but I just want to confirm it thru this forum.

My question relates to PHP and MySQL versions that are *officially* supported by Plesk 7.5.2. We have versions 4.3.2 and 3.2.3, repectively, currently available. Naturally, I wanted to upgrade my MySQL version to a later version - say, 4.1.7. However, my service provider refuses to make this upgrade citing that sw-soft does not officially support this version. So, I wrote to them and this sales guy got back to me saying it is possible. I'll try to attach the excel spreadsheet he sent me.

When I offered this as proof to my provider, he countered it with something that Plesk tech support had told him - along the lines of "we cannot provide an official endorsement of that version".

I am perplexed! Can some Plesk gurus please throw some light on this issue?

2. maddunr

maddunr Guest

here's the list of compatibilities sent to me

Here's the list of compatibilities recd from their sales people.

3. maddunr

maddunr Guest

has anyone done this

Ok, I guess I will not get Plesk to give me their OFFICIAL word :), but I'd like to know if anyone has done this before - ie, upgraded to MySQL 4.x with Plesk 7.5.x Reloaded.

Any user experience so far will be very helpful..!

TIA,
    -V