• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What happens if Plesk licence expires? Upgrade to 12 required?

JPH

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am running an licensed version of Plesk 11.0.x and since it became EOL by start of this year I checked the process to update at least to version 12 of Plesk. The migration will be pain because some old software require old libraries of old ubuntu server version which are not supported by Plesk greater than 12, because the OS is not on support list. So the only option for now is upgrading to Plesk 12 and do a lot of testing.

Now I see that the Plesk 11 licence key still gets renewed every month without a big problem. Sometimes I have to manually press the renew button in panel, buts that fine. I wonder what happens if the key will not get updated anymore in future? I saw that there is a grace time, but when this grace time is over what happens then? Will only the admin panel of Plesk be disabled or the complete websites, domain & mail sytem etc will be blocked?

I pay every month for my dedicated server and also for Plesk licence to LeaseWeb. That's fine and I will keep it up this way. But I am not sure if this licence I get will keep working with version 11 in future or if I am forced to upgrade now.

I would prefer to wait until I can fix the old software so it will run on latest Ubuntu and Plesk version again so I can skip v12, but this probably will take a long time and I am not sure if this will be possible.

Thank you and best regards!

Hi JPH,

Will only the admin panel of Plesk be disabled
That is the case... yes.

if I am forced to upgrade now.
No, you won't be forced to upgrade, your licence should renew as always. If it doesn't, pls. contact your hosting provider instantly, as they should then take care of such an issue.

Back