• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question What happens with Docker and CentOS 8 on Plesk?

Izaim

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've recently installed Plesk Obsidian in CentOS 8 and were about to find out that Docker does not work on CentOS 8 (at least as it used to be), they introduced a tool called Podman for working with containers, anyway, workarounds done, added repo, selected best version and I installed Docker, up and running via SSH.

First I went to Plesk Docker Extension and it said Docker is not supported in this system, which is because of CentOS verion, of course. Then after workaround, I got into some error in Plesk, involving permissions, because I installed Docker as a root user via SSH, I guess. Bla bla, tons of workarounds, managed to fix it too.

All that away, I am interested to know, is Plesk working to eliminate all these manual workarounds and make Docker work again in Obsidian with CentOS 8, same as before? When can we expect a stable Docker extension that supports CentOS 8?

At the moment latest version of Docker extension does not support local Docker on CentOS 8 but only remote.
We are working on local Docker support, but I have no ETA.

Asking if there is any update in this matter. I want to be able to install ghost blog on several sites on the same server! :)

Back