• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question What happens with Docker and CentOS 8 on Plesk?

Izaim

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've recently installed Plesk Obsidian in CentOS 8 and were about to find out that Docker does not work on CentOS 8 (at least as it used to be), they introduced a tool called Podman for working with containers, anyway, workarounds done, added repo, selected best version and I installed Docker, up and running via SSH.

First I went to Plesk Docker Extension and it said Docker is not supported in this system, which is because of CentOS verion, of course. Then after workaround, I got into some error in Plesk, involving permissions, because I installed Docker as a root user via SSH, I guess. Bla bla, tons of workarounds, managed to fix it too.

All that away, I am interested to know, is Plesk working to eliminate all these manual workarounds and make Docker work again in Obsidian with CentOS 8, same as before? When can we expect a stable Docker extension that supports CentOS 8?

At the moment latest version of Docker extension does not support local Docker on CentOS 8 but only remote.
We are working on local Docker support, but I have no ETA.

Asking if there is any update in this matter. I want to be able to install ghost blog on several sites on the same server! :)

Back