• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What is causing "curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"?

Toxalot

Basic Pleskian
I'm getting messages from a cron job every 5 minutes since 4:40 am AST.

The subject is "Cron <psaadm@server> /opt/plesk-billing/task-manager/scripts/run-all.sh --config /opt/plesk-billing/task-manager/config/config.ini"

And the body is "curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"

I'm not sure what this cron job is supposed to be doing nor what host it's trying to connect to. I can connect to the server via SSH, but the panel is not accessible via https. Firefox says "Unable to connect". I'm able to connect to sites on the server though.

What should I do to troubleshoot/fix this?

Note: I have some command line experience, but not a lot.

Hello,

Please try the following:
1. Firstly please check that locahost interface is enabled.
Run 'ping localhost' and check the IP address - it should be either 127.0.0.1 or valid IP address of your server

2. Your server has a domain name - please check that server can resolve it into IP address
Run 'ping <domain name>' and check the IP address - it should be valid IP address of your server

3. Run '/usr/share/plesk-billing/integration --command=repair-all --hostname=<domain name>'

Replace '<domain name>' with valid domain name of your server
Say if you access your Panel using https://domin.com:8443 then 'domain.com' is a domain name

Sorry, I should have posted back here yesterday. I ended up restarting the panel service.

/etc/init.d/psa stop
/etc/init.d/psa start

That gave me access to the panel again. There was a red message about a failed update and a yellow message about doing a repair. The repair supposedly failed, but everything seems to be working.

The failed update was apparently caused by a thirdy-party Yum repo being enabled. Not sure why that is a problem now because that repo was enabled months ago. Anyway, I disabled the repo and we'll see what happens on the next update.

I just ran the repair command you gave me here and it didn't report any problems.

Back