• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What is optimal logo size?

M

matthyatt

No matter what size logo I upload, the software tries to scale it up or down and it comes out looking terrible? What is the native size of the logo area so I can upload a perfectly-sized image?

If you're using Mozilla, you can right click on the image and select Properties.

That should tell you the pixel dimensions of the image.

You'll have to make your image the size of the default logo.

That sounded like a great "why didn't I think of that" idea, but it didn't work exactly like that. If I right-clicked on the default logo and clicked properties, it says it was 150x50. So I set my logo to 150x50 and uploaded it.

Guess what? They shrunk it down and it looked terrible. So next I figured out if I right-click on >my< newly-uploaded terrible-looking logo, the properties show a size of 71x50. So I resized the original to 71x50 and uploaded again. That worked - it looks the way it should.

So the lesson here is that they allow 150x50 for their OWN logo, but only 71x50 for a paying customer's custom logo. Nice, huh?

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for your help.

Awesome

Thanks for documenting that little find!

150x150 for Plesk logo
71x50 for self/custom logo

What version are you guys using? I am running 6.5.2 and I have my logo currently set at 150x50 the same as the original plesk and it works perfectly. I also after reading this modified my logo to be 300 x 50 and it also worked. The only thing I noticed that you need to do is make the background transparent so that the blue line still appears underneath the logo, if you don't make it transparent it will overwrite it no matter if you make the logo 20 pixels high.

Back