• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input What is the difference between these handlers: FPM apache and FPM nginx

larryk

Regular Pleskian
hello -- trying to understand what these 2 options mean to my domain (and server), when one or the other is selected... see my attached image

note: i'm coming from plesk 11 with ONLY having apache installed. I've never used nginx.

i'm trying to understand, learn, best USE nginx for performance reasons on, each of these sites:
- a wordpress site
- a heavy custom php, dynamic site
- plain and simple html site

((( note or question? I see most people talk about FPM-PHP ---- however, I get confused because I have 2 of them... not just one? )))

2nd concept question:
on 12.5, when apache and nginx running at same time.... what does that actually mean per domain?
I think, it means --
a) which one of the 2 above settings I have selected -- is the primary http server vs secondary.
b) the settings, directives, etc. (which are controlled on "Apache & nginx settings" page) ... what ever those setting tell each server to do?

is that thinking correct?

3rd question/part:

FYI. I'm testing a new server with 12.5 with apache/nginx running at same time..

for a Wordpress site, I did nothing special/custom.... BUT the site worked fine (as far as I can tell)...
on both FPM handlers.
How can that be? I thought nginx would need some custom settings?

ALSO, via real time log monitoring --- i only see nginx entries?

thanks

PS. yes, I know php 5.4 has issues, but just trying to get server up and running (as that is what was on old server)... i will move to 5.6 ASAP!nginx.jpg

Back