• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

what is Web applications management ?

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello to all ,

I would like to know what is Web applications management

it is located under Client templates

what does it mean ?

This is to allow your clients to manage java applications (run on tomcat per above).

i thought it was permission to manage application vault applications

i thought it was permission to manage application vault applications

but i don't read the manual so who knows,

(but it would seem like we'd be able to allow or not the domain manager to be able to install applications from application vault or not?)

It has to do with whether you allow your client access the applications you have already in your application vault.

This is how I think it works:

So you can sell premium services to clients with full application vault (osCommerce, phpBB etc.) -- then you turn on application management for that client.

If you selling basic/bargain services to clients without any of the built in web applications -- then don't turn on web application management for that client.

I have a non-reseller a/c on a host using Plesk and I have only one domain (site).
It shows Web Applications: 1.

What can I possibly do with this for my site ? Is is something like Cpanel's Fantastico ?

It seems to accepting only a WAR file.
Is that the only way to run a Java app ?

Is it limited to only one WAR file or can we upload as many as we want ?

Back