• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What should i know before change form Qmail to Dovecot

Cristian Rodriguez

New Pleskian
I have been using Plesk for at least 5 years in the same server and Plesk have changed since then, Years ago Plesk did not support Dovecot but now does.

Now due to some problems with disk io i am planing to change from Qmail to Dovecot because it could benefit the performance of my server, my questions is if there is something i should know before make this change? i dont want to break the mailserver, maybe i should update the ssl keys or adjust some rules but i would like to know if:

Do i need to do some changes for fail2ban work with it?
Should i adjust again some imap and pop3 rules?
Should i do some aditional changes in order it to works or it is supposed to work after i make the change from plesk updater?
Some port is going to change or mbox files path is going to change?

A moment ago i made this change, every thing went ok, i just had to asignate the correctly SSL certs but as i am using Let's Encrypt i just went to Plesk panel > Settings > Certificates and asignated again the certificates for mail server

Reactions: JLS
Back