• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What's this strange user in MySQL ? : 'pma_MenragzHCfvF'@'localhost'

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
As It's impossible to manage users from the Plesk panel (yes, it's .. I can add the same user into multiple databases in my domain, I have to create new ones....) I installed PhpMyAdmin, running fine in a sub-domain..

What a surprise ! I discover a user 'pma_MenragzHCfvF'@'localhost' , maybe the one (and only one) I created via the panel...
Where can I get info on MySQL user management in Plesk ? scarce one in the help ...

thanks

pma is short for phpMyAdmin. I don't quite understand what you mean by 'MySQL user management in Plesk'.

MySQL user management

Thanks for your info

I mean : In the Plesk Panel I can -
1 - create a database DB1 in a domain
2 - add a user 'A' to the database DB1
3- make this user 'A' the DB admin...

4- create another database DB2 in the same domain
5- BUT I cannot add the user 'A' to this DB2 => error user 'A' already exist !

that's why I am using PhpMyAdmin... so I wonder how useful is this DB Management if it's only to create database ? maybe I am wring but I did not discover the trick to answer my one user -> multi DB in a domain

If you have any trick .. I take

thanks a lot for you info

Yeah, the Plesk GUI won't let you use one user for multiple databases. A solution is indeed to use another MySQL client (command-line, phpMyAdmin, etc.) to modify the rights in the user table directly.

Too bad ..

yes too bad... so I don't understand why this DB mgt module is in Plesk... not very useful and make people scratching their head to understand what's behind...

thanks for your attention :)

Back