1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What's this strange user in MySQL ? : 'pma_MenragzHCfvF'@'localhost'

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kadoudal, Dec 6, 2007.

1. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    As It's impossible to manage users from the Plesk panel (yes, it's .. I can add the same user into multiple databases in my domain, I have to create new ones....) I installed PhpMyAdmin, running fine in a sub-domain..

What a surprise ! I discover a user 'pma_MenragzHCfvF'@'localhost' , maybe the one (and only one) I created via the panel...
    Where can I get info on MySQL user management in Plesk ? scarce one in the help ...

thanks

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

pma is short for phpMyAdmin. I don't quite understand what you mean by 'MySQL user management in Plesk'.

3. kadoudal

23%
    MySQL user management

Thanks for your info

I mean : In the Plesk Panel I can -
    1 - create a database DB1 in a domain
    2 - add a user 'A' to the database DB1
    3- make this user 'A' the DB admin...

4- create another database DB2 in the same domain
    5- BUT I cannot add the user 'A' to this DB2 => error user 'A' already exist !

that's why I am using PhpMyAdmin... so I wonder how useful is this DB Management if it's only to create database ? maybe I am wring but I did not discover the trick to answer my one user -> multi DB in a domain

If you have any trick .. I take

thanks a lot for you info

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Yeah, the Plesk GUI won't let you use one user for multiple databases. A solution is indeed to use another MySQL client (command-line, phpMyAdmin, etc.) to modify the rights in the user table directly.

5. kadoudal

23%
    Too bad ..

yes too bad... so I don't understand why this DB mgt module is in Plesk... not very useful and make people scratching their head to understand what's behind...

thanks for your attention :)