• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved When memcached extension for Plesk PHP 7.4+ handlers will be available?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
I'm using Nextcloud application on several websites but in their settings is recommended to install memcached to improve the performance.

I've searched on the "Help Center" but I've found that it is not supported:

Is available a manually workaround but I don't like the "Warning":
This is a process that it is done at your own will and risk which is not supported by Plesk.

So, when will be full supported memcached on Plesk?
Thanks.

Please, could you tell me how did you install memcached?
Did you use the instructions in the above post from the "Help Center"?

Yes i followed the instruction above. Changed every... 7.1... with 7.4

How can I check if mamcached is correctly installed?
I've tried with "phpinfo" but I see only "/opt/plesk/php/7.4/etc/php.d/memcached.ini" in the "Additional .ini files parsed".
I don't see any dedicated section on phpinfo with the version, revision or the label "enabled".

Ok, I've repeat the installation process and now it is visible on phpinfo.
A question... when I run "/opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/pecl install memcached" the system asked me if I wanted to enable SASL, Session, igbinary, json, msgpack and I used the default answers suggest in the square brackets (yes only for SASL and Session)... is correct?

This is the configuration
2020-09-12_14-23-25.png

A last question about Nextcloud and for those that have experience about it.
How can I enable memcached for this application?
Now I still receive the message "No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available" in the "Security & setup warnings" of the Settings

Ok, I've fixed the cache problem with Nextcloud installing APCu extension on the handler PHP 7.4 FPM.

Back