• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When opening a website a screen popsup for login en pass

T

Toepes

After uploading the first website to my server, i tried to open the website, and i got a screen to enter a login and pass to view te website.

There is no password entered anywhere to protect this site for people to look at it, it is just a public site ?

anyone an idea ?

I had asimmilar problem.

Just check your firewall settings on the local machine(if you are accessing from with a LAN) and also on the server.

Or

you can use "websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com" command which should be run from %plesk_bin% location to fix the issue.

Or

Try resetting your FTP passords for the site

Firewall settings should be good, i have port 80,21, 25, 110, 443,3389 and 8443 others open.

It is a windows 2003 server with plesk 7.5.4

I have resetted the password several times, with no result.

I think this should be a bug in Plesk, I have the same problem :(

That problem occurs because anonymous users don’t have permissions to read the files. This kind of error happens when you copy and past files directly in the server (windows 2003)
If you have server access go to C:\Inetpub\vhosts\XXXXX.YYY\

Right click the httpdocs directory and go to properties.
Security -> advanced
Check the two check boxs.
Click ok.
And that’s all.

Regards

Toepes, Pharaoh

websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com
will not solve the problem with passord in 7.5.4

You should use
websrvmng --remove-vhost --vhost-name=DomainName
websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=DomainName

Or you can reset password for IUSR_DomainName at Local Users and groups>Users and in IIS at website properties>Directory Security>Authentication and access control>Edit
:)

This is a NEW plesk windows bug !!!

After create te site the anonymous access it´s ok, after some hours anonymous don´t have more access, I need reset de password.

Well, same problem

and the reconfigure doesn't work...
too much troubles...

I don't see any solution... just remove and recriate... but I don't want to do this...

and now?!

i also have the same problem, what is the correct fix for this?

i changed my password in plesk and it locked me and my users out of my site www.vibrationrecords.com

can anyone help me please

Well..

For now, the unique thing that you should to do, is to recreate the domain...

Delete it and create again...

after this, send the itens of httpdocs with carefully, looking at the permissions of the arquives and folders...

before delete the domain, make a backup of httpdocs, and note the users that have permission to access the folder and arquives ok?!

Probably will be anyhing of the type
<usersame> - full control
IUSR_<username> - read
IWPD_<number>(<username>) - read

make sure you do this and send the domain to hell...

If I discover new thigs, I'll post a reply here

thanks so much for your advice, but i think i would rather reinstall last nights server backup.

do you know if this is a new plesk bug?

cheers

probably is a bug
A big bug hheheheh

I don't know if you restore a backup, it will reconfigure.. but try it and talk me what happened..

It is a Plesk bug.

The problem is that the IIS Anonymous User´s (IUSR_XXX) password recorded on IIS Metabase (anoymoususerpass) is out of sync with the Windows User´s password on system.

Plesk team support sent me a patch and it solved the problem.

It appears that password in Plesk database mismatch Windows Users´s password in the system after migration from 7.5.3 to 7.54.

Adriano Galle Dal Prá
Advant Tecnologia Ltda.

i have this issue occationally on 7.5.3.
its only happened a couple of times on different domains, i have fixed it by changing the FTP password.

It never seems to reappear twice on the same domain.

I think it is to do with moving files around manually on the server.
Plesk should be able to cope with simple things like this though surely?

i think i annoyed plesk by posting... mines doing this on the webmail client now...

so accessing webmail.domain.com
asks for username and pass.

Iv tried reconfigurator - doesnt solve it.
iv tried a few of the suggestions above none have any effect :(

Anyone any ideas?
could someone possibly post the patch if its been sent out by SW-soft...?

Cheers
Rob

ive had the patch and it did sod all, i managed to find it on there ftp server i think ftp://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/ have a good look around.

all i know is the last update to 7.5.4 wasnt any good, plesk have offered to go into my server to fix the problems, but im very dubious, its all a bit of a mess to me.

not impressed, although tech support have been very helpful i must agree :D

I have the same probem, does anybody have the fix for download?

(Didn't find it on the ftp...)

Thanx in advance! :)

im running 7.5.3
im too scared to upgrade to 7.5.4 after all the problems i have previously upgrading 7.0.3 to 7.5.3

Originally posted by robtbs
im running 7.5.3
im too scared to upgrade to 7.5.4 after all the problems i have previously upgrading 7.0.3 to 7.5.3

if your server is working ok for you now, dont upgrade to 7.5.4 as its a bugged update, plesk need to sort their **** out, people arent playing games who run servers, im trying to run a bussiness.

come on plesk, pull your socks up, stop releasing such bugged up updates. :confused:

right now wheres that fax so i can let the plesk engineer into my server to fix the problems :(

Back