• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question when setup new plesk obsidian asks for email and that email sends server details?

Spirogg

Basic Pleskian
hello,
( my server is VPS CentOS 7 Plesk Obsidian General Availability Update 1 (GA 18.0.20). )

I just noticed when I first setup my plesk server it asked me for an email address while setting up Plesk, So I used one of my gmail account email addresses - in the email section, but after I added a domain, i got an email that says it was sent from my gmail address to the recipient same gmail address, then gmail has a warning maybe a spoofed email ?

so my question is, why doesn't the email come from the server. root@ or server@ or plesk@ ?

I know I have a couple other client VPS with cPanel and during setup you add your gmail address, cpanel send the email from the sever not your email you input at server setup ? this email should be where you get your emails sent to from server. like server issues , added domains to server etc. should not be the same from: to: email address we input when first setting up our servers.

So my second question:

how to setup this server to send all server related emails from my [email protected] to my email address (gmail email address) for any new domain setups or server related issues ? because now Plesk is acting as it sends from my gmail account which should be sending from server.

thank you so much in advance,

Spiro

Back