• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When will 11.1 be released?

eskinner@ourams

New Pleskian
Hi,
We recently purchased WSB and are upgrading from SiteBuilder 4.5 and now have found there are some pretty important features SiteBuilder provides that WSB does not, or simply we can not find them. Most revolve around the ability to configure WSB appropriately.
- The ability to configure which modules are available to which service plan. We sell our products in different layers of web site offerings based on different modules being available. Sitebuilder lets you decide which modules are available for different plans. I can not find if/where WSB configures this. I found where one can disable modules for all sites but our need is on a per plan basis.
- The number of pages allowed per Service Plan. The same applies to the above scenario.
- Mapping capabilities? Is this now an application? Perhaps I just missed it but I can not find how one can integrate something like Google Maps to their website.
- SWF support. Is this now supported and if so how do you upload a swf banner for folks to choose from?
- Template Support. I know the layout process for WPB is different now, however, again we provide different layers of web product offerings one being a customized web site with user content management abilities. We design the site and they provide the content for the site. With Sitebuilder we simply setup the template and assigned that template to the plan for that person. How/Can WSB do the same thing?

- Finally, for now :), When is 11.1 going to be released and will it have the following items in it?
Thank you for your time,
Ed

Thank you for your questions, Ed.

- The ability to configure which modules are available to which service plan. We sell our products in different layers of web site offerings based on different modules being available. Sitebuilder lets you decide which modules are available for different plans. I can not find if/where WSB configures this. I found where one can disable modules for all sites but our need is on a per plan basis.

Modules availablility on per-site basis will be introduced in WPB 11.1 for PA and Stand-Alone. Please note that WPB does not have Service Plans, so you'll have to use WPB API to take advantage of this feature.

- The number of pages allowed per Service Plan. The same applies to the above scenario.

This will also be available in 11.1 (PA & Stand-Alone). However, I personally would not recommend limiting the number of pages for reasons other than technical. Page limits are a thing from the last millenium, they don't make much sense in the age where users can freely access various CMSes like Wordpress and blogging services with unlimited pages.

- Mapping capabilities? Is this now an application? Perhaps I just missed it but I can not find how one can integrate something like Google Maps to their website.

We are planning to add Map module (based on Google Maps, most probably) in 11.1.

- SWF support. Is this now supported and if so how do you upload a swf banner for folks to choose from?

This will be available in 11.1. If you want to upload your own custom banners, that's a different feature, though -- but it should be available in 11.1 as well.

- Template Support. I know the layout process for WPB is different now, however, again we provide different layers of web product offerings one being a customized web site with user content management abilities. We design the site and they provide the content for the site. With Sitebuilder we simply setup the template and assigned that template to the plan for that person. How/Can WSB do the same thing?

I'm not sure how much automation on your side we're talking about, so at the moment I can recommend providing users with snapshots that contain your website design (along with content, obviously).

Also, we are planning to introduce Design Presets in 11.1. This functionality will allow you to create a special design for a particular customer or a group of customers and let them choose it when they're editing their website.

I'd really appreciate if you could explain your design template workflow/offering in more details (Private Message on the forum should work fine), so that we can understand it better and possibly adjust our development plans accordingly.

As far as 11.1 release date, it is tentatively scheduled to be released around Q1-Q2 next year.

I sure can't wait until an update to WPB is out.
I've been told many times about .swf in banners to be added to previous versions but yet no luck.

I'd like to mention a few items on my wish list... Please... everyone... make a wish list. It may help(of course it will) Parallels to add the real-world tools we all need.

1) Photo Gallery
a) Multi-tag upload
b) file location upload
c) bulk location on physical /httpdocs upload
d) zoom, pan, etc would be nice but that's probably asking for too much.

2) Video Gallery
... same as above but to allow for streaming

3) 'Virtual' banner..
a) swf of course
b) ability to put modules in banner, overlay, transparent, etc
c) command buttons

4) Buttons
a) add a set of buttons (canned)
b) allow users to upload buttons (photos)

5) Forum

6) Skype

7) Download module
a) files
b) video
c) audio
d) pdf
e) etc

8) User database
a) real functional user database
b) add bullet to pages to allow for user access based upon user's in database
c) user levels
d) allow users to create new account , auto-email, validate, password recovery
e) on all pages put function to allow for allow/deny access to page based upon user

9) add more functionality, virtual WYSIWYG ...

10) add functionality to have scroll bar windows defined in tables

Thanks!
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Please note that PB 11.1 is released for Stand-Alone deployments and PA only. Actually, PB 11.1 for STD is already available, and PA version should be available any time soon. ;) Thank you for providing your wish list! Please don't hesitate to share your ideas whenever you think of something you want to see in Presence Builder.

Back