• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question When will PHP 8.1 be available?

I have compiled gd.so module with AVIF support for the current version of Plesk PHP 8.1.2 version (OS Ubuntu 20.04):

# cat gdinfo.php
<?php
var_dump(gd_info());
?>

# /opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php gdinfo.php
array(15) {
["GD Version"]=>
string(26) "bundled (2.1.0 compatible)"
["FreeType Support"]=>
bool(true)
["FreeType Linkage"]=>
string(13) "with freetype"
["GIF Read Support"]=>
bool(true)
["GIF Create Support"]=>
bool(true)
["JPEG Support"]=>
bool(true)
["PNG Support"]=>
bool(true)
["WBMP Support"]=>
bool(true)
["XPM Support"]=>
bool(true)
["XBM Support"]=>
bool(true)
["WebP Support"]=>
bool(true)
["BMP Support"]=>
bool(true)
["AVIF Support"]=>
bool(true)

["TGA Read Support"]=>
bool(true)
["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=>
bool(false)
}

You can try to backup the original module file with

# mv /opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/gd.so /opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/gd.so_orig

And then place attached to /opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/

But note, that it was compiled by me for testing purposes and I do not guarantee that it will work without any problems.
It was my personal initiative and interest.
I tried to replace original file with your gd.so attached, but i have this error:
Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gd.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/gd.so (libavif.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/gd.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.1/lib/php/modules/gd.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
Interactive shell

php > var_export(gd_info());
PHP Warning:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function gd_info() in php shell code:1
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in php shell code on line 1

I have OS Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 8.1.2 with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55.
Maybe is not compatible with my plesk version?

Back