• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When Will Webmail Be Ready?

O

OhMyGoshJosh

Plesk 7.5.1 is *pretty* good so far. There are two major problems that prevent me from using it today for a production environment though:

(1) Long Admin Screen Load Time
Loading the admin screen takes an unbearably long time. Fortunately, clients logging in to just the client control panel won't experience the same waiting time, but it's very frustrating to use the admin screen.

(2) No Webmail
People with e-mail today are shocked if you can't give them webmail access. SmarterMail has a great webmail interface...if only it were actually enabled.

So I guess the question is:

Does anyone (at SW-Soft or otherwise) know when Webmail will be supported and the admin screen loading time fixed?

Josh

What plesk are we talking about again?

I agree on the admin load page but webmails been around for some time. Unless you screwed up your install somehow all clients can go to http://webmail.domain.com and get to the horde/imp panel. As long as youve enabled it of course.

-r

If you don't like Horde, you can use any POP3 based webmail client. We use a customized version of Uebimaui on our PSA servers, both linux and windows.

Regarding screen loading time - the next patch version, 7.5.2, that fixes this problem, is currently in testing and will be available soon. In our labs it seems that the interface is slightly faster than 7.0 now.

As to using SmarterMail webmail instead of Horde/UebiMiau/etc, we are going to allow this in 7.5.3.

You can also allow using SmarterMail by your users by editing C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\index.html file. Open this file, find a line like:

<FRAME SRC="/horde" NORESIZE>

and replace "/horde" with a relative URL for SmarterMail webmail. By default, on Plesk system that would be "/smarterwebmail", I believe. This workaround will not fix the links in the control panel though.

If you're going to allow SmarterMail WebMail please allow to setup a site in IIS for the smartermail webmail (and stats for that matter too) as opposed to using the built in options.

Jess

Back