• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Where can I get the file distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh

VerenaE

New Pleskian
Hello, unfortunatly this file is not available on my system Debian 8.11 and Plesk 17.8.11 Update #88. Can I download it somewhere? Or can I use this file from another server? But the other one is just a virtual (KVM) Server, I need it for a dedicated server. Maybe there are some differences.

Thanks in advance

The script /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh is generated and run during the execution of the main script /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9.x64.sh

Thank you very much, good to know. I only wanted to run the pre helper script and upgrade with dist-upgrade, but if it is necessary I will run the main upgrade script. When upgrading to jessie the main script destroyed my system. Maybe the pre script generated this file too? I'll try.

You need to run the script because the pre script moves some configuration files out of the way so apt doesn't complain/warn/prompt about modified files, and those must be moved back after the upgrade.

The post script only shows up when the main upgrade script finishes successfully.
As it only shows up when all the sources are there, I think it is not really generated but part of some package that is updated in the final stage.
However, it is not really necessary to run the post script because the main script does all the work, the post script is just doing an additional run to ensure stuff is really upgraded in case some part of the main script did fail.

Back