• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where do I get the POP3 Infos

N

nuke-theme

Hi
I have a little Problem i have no idea where i can find the Data to get my Email with eg. Outlook or so can you please tell me where i get the pop3 user/password and adress

Thanks

You would get this information from your Hosting admin or Domain admin. The ones who created your email account.

If you are the admin, and if you mean where in the mysql database you can get the info, see my post in this thread where I give an example of querying the database based on $PSA_USERNAME, it will return the password from the database:

See this thread The example is related to a different issue, but the mysql query itself should be on point to your problem.

Sorry thats not what i ment i am looking for the data for pop3 smtp username for the sepperate Mailboxes

thanks at all

I'm still not sure what you are looking for. The actual usernames and passwords are kept in database tables.

If you mean where are the actual email messages for a particular email user kept, that would be in:

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/username/Maildir

There are separate folders under this such as 'new', 'cur', 'tmp'.

In these folders (new, cur) you will see files such as:

-rw------- 1 popuser popuser 39667 Sep 20 12:57 1127246237.M942904P12921.www.domain.tld:2,S

Each of these files is a single email message for that user.

Hope this helps

James, I think he's looking for the POP3 and SMTP server names to setup Outlook or Outlook Express.

If that is the case, more than likely the information he needs to enter is "mail.domain.com" as both the POP3 and SMTP servers. Nuke, check your DNS settings to see if that is the case.

Thanks at all
problem is solved.
The solution was pop3 : mail.yourdomain.com
like you said
but what i was looking for was the accountname for outlook eg. [email protected] or so it was to easy to think about.

Sorry for the trouble and for all your help

Back