• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where does plesk store its data?

S

simpleicon

In plesk 7.5 Plesk stored its information in the mysql database on port 8306 in a database "psa". However, Plesk 8.1 does not have a psa database.

All I want to do is get a list of the domain and domain_id that I host! Simple right?

update

Figured it out. Turns out that Plesk 8.1 defaults do a different database management system (either MS SQL or JET) so I used the Plesk Reconfigurator to change the database back to MySQL like it is in 7.5

Now I can see the psa database in MySQL and collect DOMAIN_IDs

Re: update

Originally posted by simpleicon
Figured it out. Turns out that Plesk 8.1 defaults do a different database management system (either MS SQL or JET) so I used the Plesk Reconfigurator to change the database back to MySQL like it is in 7.5

Now I can see the psa database in MySQL and collect DOMAIN_IDs

Got a question for you since you have now done this and I did not want to do this with a production server until I knew it would work. Did it transfer all the data from the original db it was using in JET/MSSQL to the MySQL db without any hassles?

If so I might run the reconfigurator on our production box sometime and convert it over.

yes it did. I did it on my production server after testing on a non production server.

It said it had 260 some minutes remaining with no cancel button as the processor grinded but it transfered everyting over to the db i specified. But it only took 15mins or less.

the hastle I had with it was the password being correct. I had to reset/set the password for the admin account in MySQL before I started it. It would also disable the Plesk MySQL server in Services. But it only disables it if it doesnt work or you didnt put the right password in it. *shrug*

I've done this for 2 of our production servers so far ... and have mail creation almost automated :)

Anyway. Good luck.
Brad
EmpoweredInternet.com

Back