• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Where does WP Toolkit Name field value come from?

Hello,
If you are reffering to the My CMS default name, well that is automatically set during the installation.
However, you have the option to change it by clicking the Settings Icon (right there)

I don't know what value is being used for the WP Toolkit "Name" field. That is what I am trying to find out. Where is this value read from/stored by the WP Toolkit "scan" function?

Actually it was yours, I intentioned to show you the file structure of the WP toolkit. In the same location where you can set default plug-ins, would be the same location you find a file that defines the default Name field.

Thanks for the thought, but the Plesk server with a WordPress installated site does not have anything in the Parallels document suggested "
/usr/local/psa/var/cgitory" directory. It is empty. Looking at a WordPress apscatalog directory doesn't provide anything useful.

Looking at the document linked "Application Vault Developers Guide" doesn't provide anything readily applicable.

I DO know that something within the Plesk Daily Maintenance "finds" the value that WP Toolkit will display in the "Name" field, and something in that Daily Maintenance process makes "that value available". But WHERE does "that value come from" and where does it "put/store it"?

I suspect that the source of the value is the site WP database/Options table, "blogname" column, but I don't have anything on hand that proves that.

I have designed an application auto-installer before for G7CP.com.
The default variables are defined in the APS application folder in an XML file. (In this XML file you find all default and other preset parameters)

This (though) might not necessarily be useful since (if am not mistaken) plesk downloads the application from the APS servers on the fly when the user initiates an installation.

Hmmm - being able to see the default fields for WordPress to be filled in during installation might be interesting, but that doesn't answer where Plesk gets the value that WP Toolkit reads for its "Name" field from. What (source) field from what file or database? Does Plesk read the value from the same source location every time or does it store it in its PSA database somewhere?

It appears that Plesk gets the value from the site database ("WP blogname"), but ONLY during the Plesk daily maintenance. That is - "fixing" a site with an empty WP Toolkit Name field, by filling in the site "WP Site Title/blogname" field, does NOT appear to immediately fix the WP Toolkit SCAN results as they still show an empty Name field. Something happens ONLY during the Plesk daily maintenance that makes this Name field value show up in the WP Toolkit Scan.

SO - where does WP Toolkit SCAN look for its value for its "Name" field? If you don't know, then please say so. Thank you.

I still don't get your motive for getting this information!!
Never the less, the required field is stored in a PSA database under the table name "WordpressInstanceProperties" and the field name is "cache"

I hope that helps!

Ah - OK. Thanks. I wll check out "WordpressInstanceProperties" field "cache".

The ISSUE was that no matter what someone did within a WP site's Administrator Interface, WP Toolkit was not showing any value in the "Name" field. Yet, after the Plesk daily maintenance, the WP Toolkit now, "magically", has a value to display in the "Name" field.

SO - the question was: WHERE did WP Toolkit GET "that value" so I could reasonably be able to diagnose WHY "that value" was not appearing, and later "where" it came from so that I could find it, view it, and verify it.

There is a four-way association with the WP Toolkit "Name" field":

1) WP site Settings/Site Title field (site WP DB "blogname" column)

2) Plesk PSA DB "WordpressInstanceProperties" field name is "cache"

3) Plesk daily maintenance which copies the value from #1 to #2

4) #3 only happens once per day

Back