• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Where is mailman? (Debian 11 / 18.0.42 Update #1)

Jan

New Pleskian
Hei,

I'm preparing a new server using Debian 11 in order to migrate an existing plesk installation based from an old server based on Debian 10.

The Debian 10 host is using mailinglists and - apparently - this feature is avaiable in plesk: Mailing Lists

However, I'm unable to install the mailman component on the new, Debian 11 system. IIRC, it used to be installable using the plesk-installer. But in the list section there is only:
Code:
Primary components list / mail
===============================================================================

Select the components you want to install:
 1. [!] Kaspersky Anti-Virus
 2. [ ] Plesk Premium Antivirus
 3. [*] SpamAssassin

SMTP servers
 4. (=) Postfix
 5. ( ) Qmail
 6. ( ) MSMTP (relay only)

IMAP/POP3 servers
 7. (=) Dovecot
 8. ( ) Courier

Enter a number to toggle the respective component.

Available actions:
(B) Go back
(Q) Cancel installation
(A) Select all
(D) Deselect all

Whereas the Debian 10 also has " 4. [=] Mailman".

How do enable mailing lists on Debian 11?

Please find mailman in Debian 11 support limitations.
Hei,

thanks, I overlooked that.

Are there plans for supporting mailman any time soon?

Greetz, Jan

Hei,

@IgorG are there news regarding mailman and Debian 11?
Missing mailman-support still blocks me upgrading to Debian 11.

Thanks,
Jan

Back