• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Where is the backup file

boosterfan

Basic Pleskian
Hello guys,

i have uploaded a backup file from abo "a" to a new server to abo "b". The backup is not shown in the list.

But plesk says it is saved on the server. Where can i find and delete the backup file?

Thanks.

Can you be more specific on what you've done exactly?

Is it a backup from a subscription? And did you also create the same domain as a subscription on the target server?

Ok:

Server A, Subscription A -> Made a backup

Server B, Subscription B -> Tried to restore the backup (we just need the mail accounts)

After uploading the backup file it is gone. Plesk says it is on the server space, but we can not find it anywhere...

Just to be sure, are Subscription A and Subscription B for the same domain? Or are those different domains?

Main domain is different. But the same domain (we need the the restore of the backup) is in both subscriptions.

A backup is tied to the (main) domain of the subscription. If the (main) domain from the backup is different from the main domain of the subscription your trying to upload, it won't show up as a backup because it doesn't match.

So you'll have to make sure the subscription matches the domain(s). Alternatively, if you just want to restore migrate email messages, you could also use the Mail Import tool.

Last edited:
1. Thank you for your help. I will install and check out this extension.

2. Anyone else knows, where uploaded backup files are stored on the disk (what folder)?

Back