• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is the Parallels Installer configuration file?

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
When i go to https://ip:8447 i get the error

Can't connect to backend: No such file or directory

The source is locked and the "Store installation files in directory" is empty and i cant change it. The source gives an explentation:

"This field was locked by vendor. Enable it by removing 'SOURCE' option from Parallels Installer configuration file."

But where is the Installer configuration? I think i might have deleted this by accident and comparing files with another server didnt gave result.

http://kb.odin.com/en/111283 doesnt list it either

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --help

also doesnt have an option to get the current or default config.

regards
Jan

Hi Linulex,

the file you are looking for is the "products.inf3", or depending ".inf3" - files, which should be located at "/root/parallels/".

Hi Linulex,

the file you are looking for is the "products.inf3", or depending ".inf3" - files, which should be located at "/root/parallels/".

nope, products.inf3 exists and is the same as on other servers. I even restored the complete map out of a backup from a date i know it still worked. Even fully restored /etc and /root, nothing
If i delete the /root/parallels/ directory it gets auto re-created when i run the updates via the commandline. But the web updates keeps giving this error.

regards
Jan

Hi Linulex,

if you experience issues/problems, you could always try to compair the inf3 - files at "http://autoinstall.plesk.com/" - maybe it's a misconfiguration at the download/mirror site. It could help to download the autoinstaller directly from Parallels:

I am not looking for the installer and that was not the question. Plesk is installed and the installer works fine when started via the commandline. I only get that error via the webinterface at ip:8447

The .inf3 files are log files, not configuration files.

The error is

"This field was locked by vendor. Enable it by removing 'SOURCE' option from Parallels Installer configuration file."

so, i am looking for the configuration file.

regards
Jan

Sorry, Linulex, but the inf3 - files are "Parallels Installer's configuration files", which you might confirm after reading the documentation.
I see that you don't want any help suggestions from me, so I will not interfere any more.

Sorry, Linulex, but the inf3 - files are "Parallels Installer's configuration files", which you might confirm after reading the documentation.
I see that you don't want any help suggestions from me, so I will not interfere any more.

I appreciate you trying to think with me, but i have the feeling you didnt understood the initial problem. Yes, the .inf3 files are some sort of config files, and no they are not. If you delete them then the updater should use the internal hardcoded defaults, so they are not "needed" to work.

It works perfectly ... via the commandline.

It doesnt work ... via the web interface.

so the software is on the server and working properly, half, the other half doesnt.

ill just delete and reinstall plesk and if that fails, ill open a support ticket.

regards
Jan

Last edited:
Found it.

The clue was in the error when trying to start from the command line.

[root@test1 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --web-interface
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...
open_listening_port(8447): Address already in use
cannot open port 8447

ERROR: Can't start build-in web-server

It seems that to autoinstaller has a build in webserver and it looks like that was crashed. I speculate that the he couldnt find a pid or lock file. A server reboot fixed the problem. Now i need to find what caused the problem and how to fix it without a reboot. rebooting is for new kernels, not fixing problems. Thats a windoze only solution.

regards
jan

[root@ppu12-0 ~]# lsof -i tcp:8447
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
autoinsta 28337 root 6u IPv6 66978241 0t0 TCP *:8447 (LISTEN)

[root@ppu12-0 ~]# ps ax | grep auto
28336 ? S 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser
28337 ? S 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser

Just kill autoinstaller processes in this case.

[root@ppu12-0 ~]# lsof -i tcp:8447
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
autoinsta 28337 root 6u IPv6 66978241 0t0 TCP *:8447 (LISTEN)

[root@ppu12-0 ~]# ps ax | grep auto
28336 ? S 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser
28337 ? S 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser

Just kill autoinstaller processes in this case.

That was my idea to and i looked to that but there wasnt one running, and starting it via the commandline worked fine.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

worked fine. I tried that several times. Thats how i found out that the MU's are downloaded into /root/parallels/ and deleting that directory will get them downloaded again.

Only a server reboot fixed it so my guess is that somewhere some portion of memory or a semaphore or a socket or a hook wasnt released properly. I did replace the complete /usr/local/psa map with one from a backup.

regards
Jan

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I had the same problem.
The solution was too simple in the end:
I simply removed the "disabled" property in the select tag via developer tools. Works like a charm :D

The solution was too simple in the end:
I simply removed the "disabled" property in the select tag via developer tools. Works like a charm :D

Can you provide a little more detail maybe step by step on how I can complete this process for my server? Where can I find the disabled property? Is it through the GUI or do I need to ssh into the server?

hello
but now the "hack" to remove disabled did not work anymore on plesk onyx (ubuntu)

did you know where is the config file ?
I tried to remove "SOUCE" line in the /root/.autoinstallerrc file
but that change nothing

---
edit, after a year, check this link ;)

Last edited:
Back