• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is this address coming from?

E

EmielK

Hi all,
Yesterday I upgraded my Plesk from 9.2.x to 9.5.3. Since then my system has been generating about one email a second. I don't have the slightest idea what could be the source.

Iḿ running on on Red Hat 4.1.2-46 ( Linux version 2.6.18-028stab070.5). I use qmail. In my mail.info I see the following lines, generated almost every second:

Dec 20 22:00:13 xx qmail-local-handlers[32555]: Handlers Filter before-local for qmail started ...
Dec 20 22:00:13 xx qmail-local-handlers[32555]: from=#@[]
Dec 20 22:00:13 xx qmail-local-handlers[32555]: [email protected]
Dec 20 22:00:13 xx qmail-local-handlers[32555]: mailbox: /var/qmail/alias

The from address has me stumped. I haven't the slightest idea, where it is coming from. Eventually I get the bounce bounced message. But what I really want to know is: what in Plesk 9.5.3 is generating a mail message every second sending with a from address #@[]?

Hope anybody can help me.

Regards Emiel

p.s. I tried a lot of things with respect to the triple bounce found on this forum.

Try to find a reason in main Plesk mailserver log /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Solved

Well, not solved really. I couldn't find anything wrong in the log file you mentioned Igor. I noticed an update tot 9.5.5 today, I installed this and if by magic: problem solved.

Still no clue as to what was wrong.

Back