• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where to find mysql-devel package for Parallels' MySQL 5.1 distribution?

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
I've just installed 10.2 on a centos 5.5 x86_64 server but now find that I can't compile software that requires mysql-devel since the Plesk installer didn't include that. I chose the option to use the Parallels MySQL 5.1 instead of the centos mysql 5.0, so now I don't have a mysql-devel package I can install. Is there one that can be downloaded?

With the 'help' of Parallels support, I've learned that there is no mysql-devel package. So the 10.2 installer lets you install MySQL version 5.1 from Parallels but thanks to them not bothering to produce a mysql-devel, it leaves your CentOS 5.5 (or RHEL 5.5) install with no way to build software that requires mysql-devel. The ART mysql-devel 5.1 won't install with Parallels' mysql 5.1 without forcing it, and I'm not confident that's safe to do since there are slight differences in sub-versions and who knows what else.

Back