• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Which ColdFusion Version when to install?

M

mikerazavi

Which ColdFusion Version and when to install?

i would like to know which coldfusion (Standard or Enterprise) i should have to be able to offer coldfusion webhosting services.

And lastly should i install coldfusion before plesk installation or after?

Thank you in advanced.

Mike

I think that Standard Edition is sufficient.
You can install CF after Plesk but:
"If you intend to use ColdFusion support in Plesk, ColdFusion should be installed on the server with Default Web Site chosen on the Web Server Selection step of installation. Otherwise, if you choose All IIS Websites, ColdFusion support will always be activated for all domains with enabled Physical hosting, regardless of the corresponding checkbox status.

Note: If you install ColdFusion on your server being logged in to Plesk, you should log out of the control panel and log in again in order for Plesk to detect ColdFusion."

thx, would be still ok if i install coldfusion prior to plesk installation?

It is recommended to install CF after Plesk cause Plesk changing multiple IIS settings during installation...

If you install the standard edition then you can only use coldfusion on one vhosts account ONLY. This situation is good for dedicated boxes.

Enterprise edition allows you to have coldfusion support for all vhosts on a shared server.

Back