1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Which SPLA license for Windows and SQL Server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by waverider, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. waverider

    waverider Guest

    This message should better be in this section.
    Can some admin please move it.

    Thank you
  2. igoldman

    igoldman Regular Pleskian

    Sep 14, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Hi ,

    why to racked your brain.

    call directly to microsoft and ask them.
  3. waverider

    waverider Guest

    I've talked with Microsoft and they directed me to a SPLA reseller (they only sell SPLA through resellers).

    The reseller told some pretty doubtable things like if you have a Win Authenticated Processor license you still have to pay extra for every user. And all the SPLA documentation that have everywhere says that you can use the Processor license OR! the per-user base license (CAL or SAL) whichever you find is cheaper for you.

    So I'm in the dark here, I'd love to see what MS licenses current users of SPLA & Plesk are using.
  4. sieb@

    sieb@ Guest

    When we we're looking at SPLA, it was just pay 10-40 bucks a month per server. AFAIK CALS are superceeded by SPLA, thus not required. Also, be aware that you will get audited on a regular, but random, basis to ensure your are complying.
  5. waverider

    waverider Guest

    Thanks for your answer.

    Was that for a machine with Plesk and Windows?

    Does anyone from Swsoft knows what SPLA Windows license would be needed?
  6. sieb@

    sieb@ Guest

    A standalone Windows box, we already owned a Plesk license.

    There is only one SPLA license. I do believe there is an additional Unlimited Client Access license that goes with the SPLA to surpass the CALs. Its been a while since I went through all that paperwork.