• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Which SPLA license for Windows and SQL Server

I've talked with Microsoft and they directed me to a SPLA reseller (they only sell SPLA through resellers).

The reseller told some pretty doubtable things like if you have a Win Authenticated Processor license you still have to pay extra for every user. And all the SPLA documentation that have everywhere says that you can use the Processor license OR! the per-user base license (CAL or SAL) whichever you find is cheaper for you.

So I'm in the dark here, I'd love to see what MS licenses current users of SPLA & Plesk are using.

When we we're looking at SPLA, it was just pay 10-40 bucks a month per server. AFAIK CALS are superceeded by SPLA, thus not required. Also, be aware that you will get audited on a regular, but random, basis to ensure your are complying.

Thanks for your answer.

Was that for a machine with Plesk and Windows?

Does anyone from Swsoft knows what SPLA Windows license would be needed?

A standalone Windows box, we already owned a Plesk license.

There is only one SPLA license. I do believe there is an additional Unlimited Client Access license that goes with the SPLA to surpass the CALs. Its been a while since I went through all that paperwork.

Back