• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why are so many old postings in the uservoice forum not implemented?

MicB

New Pleskian
I am using Plesk on a daily basis for administering my servers. However, sometimes I wonder why several very practical features never got implemented?

Sorry to say, but Plesk is still, to put it mildly, not really a trailblazer in web management technologies. E.g. in the Plesk uservoices forum there are lots of urgent suggestions that just stuck there sometimes for years with hundreds of customers having already voted for them ('for a future version of Plesk'...) .

Even if the Plesk developers sometimes do not understand why customers need such "funny things", it looks like they should also at times give it a thought that at the end the guys who pay their bills (which is, their customers) are the bosses.

Of course, there are these big buyers like Strato who buy bulks of tens of thousands of licenses per year. However, these large companies are the ones who are, in fact, working the least with this particular software. It's these maybe hundreds of thousands customers who rented their servers from these companies that have to deal with the deficiencies of this software......

So, generally speaking, why is it so hard for Plesk to implement what their users really need?

Maybe I got a false picture of reality. Therefore, could someone from Plesk please help me to understand the so seemingly obvious discrepancy between the needs of your users and the features implemented?

Thank you.

could someone from Plesk please help me to understand the so seemingly obvious discrepancy between the needs of your users and the features implemented?
I hope it will help you with understanding - #19

Back