• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Why are there 2 backup managers?

Dene Wilby

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I've been configuring a server I have and noticed that for some reason there seems to be 2 scheduled backups running.

1 of them is in Websites & Domains > Backup Manager which appears to be the one I have setup myself which backs up to an external FTP. I access this schedule from a link in the right sidebar of Plesk on the main page.

Now, I notice a lot of space is being used and it's because if I go into Tools & Settings > Backup Manager that has been storing 5 full backups in /var/lib/psa/dumps

I mean, I can solved the issue by disabling one but i'm curious how I can have 2 identical backup managers but both performing different types of backups?

Thanks

Dene

One is for the individual subscription user, the other one is for the server admin. The one of the individual subscription user can only backup the subscription, the one for the server admin can backup the whole Plesk content including all subscriptions.

Back