• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why does Plesk 8.01 MAPS refuse to look up A records?

Silver Pleskian
Why does Plesk 8.01 MAPS refuse to look up A records?

I have recompiled a new rblsmtpd that now looks up A and TXT records. I test this through shell....

To manually perform a test at the shell prompt:

#export TCPREMOTEIP="127.0.0.2"

The DNS A query:

#/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd rblsmtpd -b -v -r "cbl.abuseat.org:test " /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

The IP should be recognized by cbl.abuseat.org DNSBL server and the A record sent back which should be 127.0.0.2. The smtpd portion of rblsmtpd will then take over.

rblsmtpd: pid XXXXX: 553 test

220 rblsmtpd.local

If the IP was not on DNSBL, your regular qmail-smtpd should reply - ex.:

220 lilac.droittech.com ESMTP

The DNS TXT query:

#/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd rblsmtpd -b -v -r cbl.abuseat.org /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

rblsmtpd: 127.0.0.2 pid XXXXX: 553 Blocked – see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?127.0.0.2

220 rblsmtpd.local

Again, the DNS TXT query is falling out of favor for many DNSBL servers.

So this all works perfectly. SUre with Plesk's rblsmtpd it fails the A record test.

I sign up with trendmicro, I see traffic on their stats, I think all is well.

I still notice spamassassin it taking a lot of spam out - too much. I then email them. They look at my account, plesk is onkly asking TXT records.

They have worked with lots of people with Plesk, seems you got a 50% chance if you compile your own rblsmtpd it works via plesk looking up A records.

When is someone going to fix this bug?

I put in a ticket - no reply.

Has anyone patched their plesk to make it work properly? Also the GUI refuses to accept proper MAPS entries, it accepts only IP addresses, you have to edit /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa...