• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Why does Plesk ask to add a password to an already encrypted backup?

xgiovio

New Pleskian
Hello, I set up the server-wide backup settings.
I understand that it will encrypt only plesk passwords and it's ok.
Now, i click download on the full backup and it prompts to insert a password to protect the passwords inside the backup.

I navigate inside the local dump folder and inside the xml backup file i can see that the passwords are encrypted.

Now my question is: Why does Plesk ask to add a password to an already encrypted backup?
Thank you

When you download backup, if the backup has not been protected with a password from server-wide backup settings, Plesk will prompt you to do so.
If it is protected already, you can just clear the "Use password protection" checkbox.

thanks. So the correct answer should be:
When you download a backup the server asks always to enter a password.
If your backup is already encrypted, you can uncheck the box to leave the same password.
If your backup is already encrypted and you want to change the password, you can then insert a new password.
If you backup is not encrypted and you want to encrypt it, you need to insert a password
If your backup is not encrypted and you don't want to encrypt it, you can uncheck the box( This of course allows you only to import the downloaded backup on the same plesk installation, otherwise all passwords will be resetted.)

Back