• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why I get a error message in plesk php settings?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.53 Update #2
In /admin/php-handler/list I get this error message

Error: The following PHP version(s) are not installed: 7.4.29, 7.3.33. Install them or run plesk repair web -php-handlers to select another PHP version.

Why do I get this error message?

1687971747055.png

Do you have any websites that were once configured on these PHP versions, but then these versions were removed?

Yes, this folders still exists (deleted php 7.3 and 7.4 years ago with plesk uninstall in components):
/var/log/plesk-php73-fpm
/var/log/plesk-php74-fpm

Sure, I always set the version higher when the life cycle of the PHP version expires and then I don't need it on the server anymore and delete this PHP version, like it will happen soon with version 8.1.

I think that previous configuration files have not been updated, or that in at least two websites the old PHP versions are still configured. Have you tried to run plesk repair web -php-handlers?

# plesk repair web -php-handlers

Checking the usage of PHP handlers

4 service plans with unregistered PHP handlers were found ......... [ERROR]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair web -verbose
So I used plesk repair web -verbose and this shows me
The following service plans have unregistered PHP handlers: ....... [ERROR]
- Admin Simple
- Default Domain
- Unlimited
- Default Simple

So this is a bug in plesk? When uninstall a php version, it should update service plan to next php version or give feedback first change service plan php version?
1688118203122.png

I changed service plans to PHP 8.2 ... next issue here is ... there is no service plan for "Admin Simple" and I don't have delete it.

I still not call plesk repair web -php-handlers because I don't want to make it worse. Since I do not know what exactly the command with this issue does.

I still not call plesk repair web -php-handlers because I don't want to make it worse. Since I do not know what exactly the command with this issue does.

It will ask what handler to use:

The admin simple plan is not visible in GUI as it is for the Restricted Admin Mode:

Thanks! Thats fixed that issue and no bad things happend ;)

But... what exactly to it? There was no "Admin Simple" in service plans. Get I back this issue after I delete PHP 8.2 because "Admin Simple" is still hidden in background or have "plesk repair" delete this not exists entry?

There was no "Admin Simple" in service plans.
This plan is hidden by default and created when restricted mode or web admin license is used by the 1st time
Yes, the same issue may reappear, you can then run the repair for PHP handlers again to update it again when the time comes

Back