• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why in the world.....

N

Nemas

Does Plesk have the option of using an outside mailserver besides the crappy one that they install?

What I need to do is remove their mail icon and replace it with one that points to my mail server cluster.

I ask this because nobody in their right mind would install a mail/sql/web/dns server on a single server.

Thank you

Fount it!

Well after much searching and looking I found the answer for thoes of you that are still searching..

Plesk uses template files to store the button locations and buttons that display. You can find these in

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\templates

Within these files you can modify them to remove icons you dont want your customers to have access to and even customize where buttons show on the page. Even custom buttons.

This leads me to the second part of the solution.

Create a custom button to the mailserver that you want your customers to use.

Thats it. Easy as pie :D

Nice,

But then you don't have the built-in functionality of managing the e-mail clients from within the Plesk control panel, i suppose ?

Regards,

Benoit.

Originally posted by EuroMaverick
Nice,

But then you don't have the built-in functionality of managing the e-mail clients from within the Plesk control panel, i suppose ?

Regards,

Benoit.

True. Plesk is very limited in what you can do with it. It seems it was designed for a small business that only has one server.

Back