• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Why is Plesk still using and old Docker version?

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
latest
Trying to understand how docker is at version 25, but Plesk is still using Docker 18? Can support clarify why that is the case? Fees just keep ridiculously increasing every year for just about 4-6 years (since Cpanel owners also own Plesk) yet many of the most basic features and improvements requested more than 8 years ago are still not implemented. Packages for softwares are also old and the most basic features to protect servers (such as RKHunter) we have to pay extra for. Plesk is great overall, but where does the gouging end and where are the improvements to justify price increases every single year?

Are you sure? My Plesk server runs docker version 25.
Sure of it. When you install Docker in Plesk Docker extension, the default is 18. Unless you do a manual install via command line, you will not get the latest version.

In that case it might be OS depended. Because on my Alma 8 and Ubuntu 22 Plesk servers Docker version 25 gets installed when installing the docker extension.

In that case it might be OS depended. Because on my Alma 8 and Ubuntu 22 Plesk servers Docker version 25 gets installed when installing the docker extension.
Hi, thanks for the response. You are correct actually. My apologies. I believe the version must be the extension itself, not the actual docker version. I do remember previously before any new updates that the plesk version was older and I ended up having to manually upgrade / update it myself in command line. I guess this was probably fixed recently.

Back