• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Why mail client configuration problem (domain name not working, IP is working !)

Graphicom

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have many customers that have problems configuring their mail client account (thunderbird, outlook, android, iphone...).
Sometimes, the best solution to make it work is to use the ip of the domain instead of the domain name. Why is it working with the ip and not with the domain name on some circumstances ? Some customers of the same domain have managed with domain name some were unable and use the ip instead.
I do not like this solution because if I decide to migrate, I often change the ip.

I had a contact with a customer that has just bought an iphone 7 and was unable to set it up. I told him to try the ip and it worked. The domain is credicim.fr (if this helps). Same exact thing 8 or 15 days ago with thunderbird on windows 10 for village-vigneron.fr (other example)

I hope you can help.
Regards
Kris

Hello,
I have many customers that have problems configuring their mail client account (thunderbird, outlook, android, iphone...).
Sometimes, the best solution to make it work is to use the ip of the domain instead of the domain name. Why is it working with the ip and not with the domain name on some circumstances ? Some customers of the same domain have managed with domain name some were unable and use the ip instead.
I do not like this solution because if I decide to migrate, I often change the ip.

I had a contact with a customer that has just bought an iphone 7 and was unable to set it up. I told him to try the ip and it worked. The domain is credicim.fr (if this helps). Same exact thing 8 or 15 days ago with thunderbird on windows 10 for village-vigneron.fr (other example)

I hope you can help.
Regards
Kris
They need to use a hostname that corresponds with the certificate that's installed on mail.

Back