• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why Plesk 12.5 supports weak Diffie-Hellman?

Nosxxx

New Pleskian
Is there a reason why Plesk 12.5 hasn't patched Logjam? There are several sultions in the Forum, but why is there no "offical" (without editing files) Patch included in Plesk 12.5 ?

I found an better solution as editing plesk template files.
If you add ssl_dhparam /etc/nginx/dhparam.pem; in ssl.conf it also works. Is this unsecure ?

Hi Nosxxx,

you might find it interesting to read: [IMPORTANT]: READ THIS FIRST TO FIND QUICK SOLUTION FOR THE EXISTING ISSUE/QUESTION

Based on this very first informations, links and basic commands, you could find it interesting as well, that Odin provides an enormous lot of KB - articles where you find solutions, suggestions and work - arounds.

As for example:

In some cases you might experience issues with incompatibilities for some browser and/or eMail - clients, after you followed the KB - article 123 160. It might help to read:

... to solve such issues, because there are several additional solutions provided in this thread.​

Additional informations and suggestions could be found, using the forum SEARCH with one or more specific keywords ( in your case, maybe "logjam", or "dhparam" ?!? )

If you experience issues, while following suggestions, please try to add as much informations as possible, regarding your operating system ( please be aware, that Odin supports quite a few operating systems and not only yours, which we might not know, due to missing infomrations ), your current Plesk version ( incl. MU ), your webserver(s) in use ( apache and which version, please? / nginx and which version, please? ) or your used mail - server ( or other related informations for your service, where your issue/problem appears ) and try to provide informations, what you already did, to solve your issue/problem, so that possible answers don't suggest things, you already did to solve your issue/problem.
In most cases, it is very usefull to add error messages from the depending log - file of your issue/problem related service(s) - and maybe as well the corresponding configuration files - consider to read and bookmark "Odin / Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux services logs and configuration files ( KB - article: 111 283 )".

Thanks for your answer.
I'm using Plesk 12.5 and Debian8. Editing /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf works fine for me.
My "main" Question was why Plesk 12.5 has no "Patch" Out of the Box.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an update to this post. It'd be nice if they updated the SSLfix.sh script to work with 12.5.30.

Back