• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wildcard not recognized on mail

damaverick

New Pleskian
Hello,

I searched for hours, but couldn't find my exact problem, only one post (the last one) which described my problem in this topic Resolved - Certificate Outlook
I don't know if this post from dec '19 is still relevant.

I use Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29 with Let's Encrypt 2.11.1-640 (and SSL it! 1.5.3-798)
I have a shared plesk environment with multiple domains and al of the domains use their own SSL certificate.
On 1 domain I use a wildcard certificate which would also secure the www and webmail. I also used the option to assign the certificate to mail domain (which would secure IMAP, POP and SMTP)

And with this last option lies my problem.
the subdomain mail.domainname.tld isn't added as SAN in the certificate (and can't be added is looks like) (as stated in the above named post)
Therefore outlook throws an error the certificate can't be verified, because the target principle name is incorrect.
Even though *.domainname.tld is in de SAN list, it throws this error and it looks like it's because mail.domainname.tld isn't in the SAN list.

I worked arround this problem to create an extra certificate with zerossl.com specificly for mail.domainname.tld and selected this certificate for the mailserver to use, but in my opinion a wildcard should cover this. But it looks like the Let's Encrypt Extension doesn't support the option of adding the mail.domainname.tld SAN

Do people have similar problems, or does someone have a sollution so the wildcard certificate can be used.
Or is the post in the above named topic still relevant.

Back