• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wildcard subdomain certificate not possible with extern DNS (primary DNS by Registrar)

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
I manage my DNS with my registrar dns-settings. The problem is that the subdomain wildcard certificates only update themselves in the DNS settings under Plesk. Is there an interface/api planned that registrars can use to work with their own systems so that it works with external DNS and not just with the Plesk interface? Or is there a reasonable tutorial that describes how to switch the primary DNS from the registrar to Plesk?

I have a similar question but with slightly different circumstances. I use an enterprise-class DNS service for my domain that provides fail-over and other good things. But I have to manually refresh my wildcard Let's Encrypt SSL certificate every two months because the _acme_challenge subdomain used needs to change. It would be so nice not to have to manually correct this.

Is there an interface/api planned that registrars can use to work with their own systems so that it works with external DNS and not just with the Plesk interface? Or is there a reasonable tutorial that describes how to switch the primary DNS from the registrar to Plesk?
IMO this is up to registrar. Like luckily my registrar already can do this.

Mind you I haven't integrated or tested it but it seems decent.

Back