• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Firewall issue

G

ghozty

When I try to enable Windows Firewall through Plesk control panel
Server > Components Management > Firewall

I am getting following error:

Server > Plesk Components Management >

------
Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute winfwmng.exe "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><command><set><default config=\"default\"/></set></command>" failed: Wrong root name (ICFModes) must be (ICFModes)
------

If I manually enable Windows Firewall from Control Panel (Windows control panel I mean, not through Plesk), it works Ok, but Plesk does not detect it. I can not control it through Plesk.

In addition to this, if I manually enable Firewall, and then I try to change Firewall status from Plesk I get same error above and Windows Firewall service stopped (actually disabled) by Plesk.

Note that, My server has two NIC cards, I bridged those two connections first. When I get the Windows Firewall error, I thought that Plesk might not be able to support bridged network connections. I deleted bridge. Disabled one of the NIC. I've got same error. I enabled second one, and tried again. it was same.

Is there any solution or suggestion for this issue?

isn't there any suggestions?

May be I need to give some more information:

- I have Windows Server 2003 R2 with Services pack 2
- It's Intel SR1530 Platform
- Have two NICs.

have you tried to run the Plesk Reconfigurator? (disk permissions)

Back