• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Plesk Backup

O

OOzyP

Hello,

I just purcahsed a Windows dedicated server with Plesk 10 and I have a problem figuring out the best Plan/Stragegy for backups.

With cPanel, it is straight forward; we do daily, weekly and monthly to the other hard drive. Then, every Friday we rsync that daily backup to a remote server. However, with Plesk it is not.

In Plesk

1. Backups are counted as a part of the hosting package. Therefore, a client with 1GB hosting package and actual data is 500MB will be suspended next day backup is taken. How can I make it that backup are not counted as a part of the total hosting package?

2. Backup is done either daily, weekly or monthly. So I I tried to make the Admin do monthly and reseller (only me) do weekly backups and each individual account do dailys. Then, I found out that each time the reseller perform the weekly backups it does it for the individual account as well so each individual account will have two backs (on every Wednesday) one weekly and one daily. How can I make it that the weekly is only taken under the reseller account only?

3. How can I sync/upload the backup files to a remote server without using Plesk FTP utility

Thank you
OOzy

Hello,

How are you guys backing up your Plesk for windows?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thank you

Back