• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question With Plesk upgrade, do I need to change DKIM and DMARC?

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Since I continue to have problems with SPAM, I'm wondering if I should change the TXT records for DKIM and DMARC.
DNS is managed by the ISP and not by Plesk.
Thanks in advance.

DKIM is used to sign your outgoing emails, DMARC basically tells the servers what to do if it doesn't pass checks (route to your inbox, spam folder, whatever). You could change your DKIM if you wish but that should be the case if someone is spoofing your emails successfully but usually isn't needed. It's nice to have it rotated out every so often though but isn't required but best practice states you should rotate them out every 6 months

@scsa20
I asked because with the new 18.0.50 update the default policy has changed, but only for new domains.
I was wondering if it is appropriate to do it also for those who have already created them.

Like I mention, not a requirement but I'd probably do it anyways. Best practice is to rotate every 6 months after all.

Back