• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WordPress Access Before Domain Propagation

benaust

New Pleskian
Hi

I am trying to access a WordPress install under Plesk Obsidian.

I have added the domain under my Plesk and installed the WordPress from the Kit. But the domain is still pointing to the old server since it is in use and I am just preparing the new site. I like to point the domain after the site is fixed, but now I am not able to access the site to design and fix it.

In cPanel I could access the site before propagation, but I tried few thing and I am not sure how. I looked through the forum, but was not successful, can anyone help please.

Thanks

Ben

Wordpress needs a functioning domain to be accessible. This can be different from the final location. You could for example create a website on a test domain and later migrate it to the real domain. Wordpress stores its own domain in the "siteurl" and "home" datasets in the *_options-table (wp_options).

Back