• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Wordpress and Subscriptions in plesk

chris_1083

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am sorry if this a simple question but I am struggling to find the answer to it anywhere.

I have a cloud server running Ubuntu and Plesk. On here I have a subscription where I run my website. I have been asked by family member if they can run their wordpress website on my server as well. I really want to help them out but worried about server security cross site contamination.

My question is if I create a new hosting plan and restrict don't give them access to plesk, restrict ssh and all other non sessional services, create a subscription against that hosting plan, would this keep my data and site secure from attacks on the wordpress site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as really struggling to find information on this.

Thanks in advance

My personal site and the sites of my friends work on my personal Plesk server. For them, I created their own subscriptions, installed Let'sEncrypt certificates and for several years of such use did not notice any problems and interrelations between attacks on their website and my site, or vice versa.

Back