• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Wordpress auto updates and plugins compatibility

Nicolas Lambert

New Pleskian
Hi!

First of all, I understand there's a Wordpress toolkit for Plesk Onyx but I'm on Plesk 12.5.30 and I didn't install any toolkit or anything, there's just that Wordpress section that automatically detects hosted Wordpress sites and gives me a few options to update the site, plugins amd themes. Not sure if this is the toolkit everyone is talking about here or if these are just basic Wordpress options.

I'd like to force the auto update on all of the Wordpress sites hosted on our server since a majority of them don't bother updating and this caused some security issues more than once. I'm a bit worried about plugins compatibility though.

How would you guys proceed to update a bunch of completely unrelated Wordpress sites using lots of different plugins? I managed to get them all up to the latest version and was planning on activating the auto update option but this will be a hell of a headache if it just updates the Wordpress sites on day one of the new version release since most of the plugins won't be tested for the new version. I understand this isn't really a problem with minor versions but i'm kinda worried about the next major version that I'm gonna have to push... I don't seem to have the option to auto update only minor versions like on Onyx by the way, it just says Auto update - On/Off.

Thanks

Back