• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress Contact Form 7 mail issues that I have sort of solved but not quite

akira9000

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I have 3 VPSs. CentOS 7.4, Plesk 17.8.11
All 3 with different hosts. All 3 with port 25 open. The example below happens on all 3 machines.

I have a recurring issue with the Wordpress plugin Contact Form 7 that I have worked out a fix for but to be honest I would love if somebody could explain why my fix works because I only have a vague grasp.

So, I have the domain www.example.com with DNS and email accounts held at host A.

The Wordpress build and it's database are on a different VPS at host B. I have mail services disabled on this VPS. The username for the website webspace in Plesk is exampleuser.

To get Contact Form 7 to send mail I have to create a "dummy" email address at host A of [email protected]
If this email address does not exist, the CF7 alert says mail has been sent but never leaves VPS B.

To send the Wordpress email Plesk checks to see if the account user email [email protected] exists at VPS A, even though this email address does not get used for anything else other than CF7 to check before mail is sent.

Why does VPS B check for the email address that is at VPS A before sending mail from the contact form? And is there a more elegant way round this?

Thanks

Back