• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress installation fails with PHP Extension error

theywill

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.0.1, CentOS 5.x, 64-bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
I'm trying use the application installer to install Wordpress on a domain.

ACTUAL RESULT
I receive the following error message:

Error: Unable to install the application on website telename.com because hosting settings of this website do not meet the installation requirements. These requirements are listed below. Try installing the application on another website or contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue.

Requirements
PHP Extension
Required PHP extension mysql is not available

EXPECTED RESULT
I would expect the software to install. The site runs PHP. PHP is currently set to run as FastCGI, although I've tried the Apache mod too. I have another site on this same subscription, with the same configuration, and Wordpress installs without error.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
This domain was migrated from a prior version of Plesk. It also has subdomains.

Issue with MySQL extensions is most likely caused by misconfiguration of PHP. Check output of

# php -i |grep php.ini

I ran the command.

php -i | grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /etc/php.ini

I should note that the site that already exists on this domain runs PHP and works just fine.

James

I ran the command.

php -i | grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /etc/php.ini

I should note that the site that already exists on this domain runs PHP and works just fine.

James

I am having the very same problem. But once I look at the php.ini file, just what is the clue towards a solution to this problem? My host is stumped. My admins are stumped. What specifically might we look for to provide a possible solution?

More to the point, nothing appears disabled, anywhere, that I can see. This new php.ini file is supposed to auto-load extensions placed in the php.d folder, which they are. All the extensions in that folder, and the MySQL ones are there, are enabled so far as I can see.

Peace,
Gene

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

I tried to rename my .htaccess to htaccess but still i can't install any application from Plesk Apps Catalog.

The error says

"Error: Unable to install the app because its installation requirements are not met. Contact your hosting provider to resolve this problem."

(

PHP limits The PHP memory limit is 0 bytes. The app requires at least 40M bytes.
PHP extension The 'mysql' extension was not found.

)

Any help? please....

Parallel Plesk 11 user

This is great, but what do I tell the average user that just clicks on install app? Why does this not happen on any other plesk server I have? It has to be some config issue, if Parallel's could shed some light that would be great!

Back