• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

wordpress installation whilst using web.config

GrainneA

New Pleskian
Hi

I installed Wordpress to our Plesk Panel which is hosted by Redstation. In order to install they had to turn off url rewriting for the domain in IIS and suggested I re-enable url rewrite afterwards. It installed ok and then I edited the web.config file to re-enable url rewrite (I need this for SEO purposes to redirect www.mydomain.com/index.html to www.mydomain.com). Once I had done this I could no longer log into Wordpress (the login screen just refreshes). I asked Redstation to turn off url rewriting so I could fix the problem and found that this resolved it.

I asked them for some help in how I could get round this and this is their response:

I not sure this is possible, there is a re-direct option in Plesk, you may want to try using this option however, I believe if you use this you will not have the same benefit with the webconfig file and SEO.

Does anyone know whether I can set a 301 redirect on my website with Plesk whilst also allowing me to login to Wordpress (I have asked wordpress the same question but have no replies as yet)

Many thanks
Grainne

Back