• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs WordPress installations not created properly from Applications

Shame

New Pleskian
TITLE:
WordPress installations not created properly from Applications
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.0.17, CentOS 7, x64
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I am running into issues using the automated WordPress installation. It changes the admin username incorrectly, and it seems to affect automatic log in capability.

The below example is where the database user is changed to gibberish.
I tried on another server and it worked properly:
Then I ran microupdates and also updated WordPress Toolkit:
The correct database user is shown in the above example, but automated log in fails and the wp-login.php shows Invalid username. It should say something about the user being correct, but the password being wrong.

I only tested this on two servers so not sure if it is an actual bug, but it seems like something is up.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Go to Applications.
2. Install (Custom).
3. Enter username.
4. Enter simple or complex password, or generate a password.
5. Use custom or default database information.
6. The _options table shows a username with gibberish for example #1. Example: admin became 4fi0m6EXF7. Example #2 the correct name is shown, but it is not recognized as such.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
I am unable to use my Plesk-installed installation of WordPress.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
I should be able to log in as expected and use the features associated with it in the control panel.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

I just reverted my server to a default state, re-set up Plesk without making any other configurations aside from the initial setup, and tried an installation. WordPress user is still changed to gibberish. I guess I'll just go the manual installation route :/

Thank you. I have requested developer's assistance. Will keep this thread updated.

Bugreport EXTWPTOOLK-487 has been submitted.

Workaround: Change in wordpress databse table "*_users" field "user_login" to value which is shown in Toolkit on "Access credentials" page for instance (press "change password"). After that all features starts working.

Back